View Profile GobSmacked

All 69 Audio Reviews

38 w/ Responses

Hey thats really cool!
The only thing I wasnt really liking was the mix. Its pretty muddy and some things clip. But nothing a few EQs and some compression couldnt fix, I think.

Mind blowing sound design and great atmossphere. I truely stumbled upon a gem. Great work, keep it up!

Zoonotist responds:

Thank you for your kind words. :) Have a great week! Happy Halloween!

sounds pretty cute! the mix is a bit weird, but other than that, very enjoyable! good job and keep at it!

Outstanding! I dig it tbh, cool second drop, the sounddesign is crisp af. Keep at it, man! 4.5 due to a messy mix at times, try to improve on that. Also the sounddesign in the first drop was kinda generic and a bit lame but whatever.

hmmmm the idea is cool man, but the mix is horrible. Way to much highs, which turn me off alot and it sounds super overcompressed. And the melody is somewhat repetative. I know you can do better! Keep at it man!

Falsesouth responds:

It's actually mixed fine, believe it or not. It's the placement of the limiter and the ridiculous gain boost on the master. That "corrupted" the mix XD

Perhaps I could fix it and re-upload it, but I think releasing new pieces of greater quality is always a better approach.

I fixed that for newer projects that I intend to release soon. Newgrounds getting me back on track with feedback is always awesome.

Thanks for the review!

Really cool! I enjoy it. So fast paced and energetic! Tho it kinda gets repetative pretty quickly and there are some things in the mix i dont particularly enjoy. Keep it up! :D

I like this, but the arrangement could be better and less repetative. Also the sounddesign sounds weak at some parts. Best of luck in the competition!

VorticityMusic responds:

Thanks for the feedback! :)

uuhhh dang thats a crazy good submission in nates comp! Good luck! And keep up the amazing work.
There are some minor details I'm not to fond off. Like the drum samples aren't really appealing, atleast to me. Also the choir sounds a bit cheap. I like the piece itself tho!

Zoonotist responds:

Thank you for your review. :)

I like the chord progression to be quite frank, but the rest of the track is rather meh. i mean it got some oldschoolvibes which is pretty cool now that i think about it. Its repetative. I think what would help would be a clear structure like: intro, melodic break, build up, drop, calm melodic part n stuff. You know? But yeah its okish i guess, keep at it!!!

finish no. 3 or ill bite u

EnNinja responds:

calm down there young man

21 year old physics student with a passion for electronic music, chess and maths. Hope you enjoy my silly noises as much as I do!
- Noah